Friday 26 June 2015

Just a Thought :Technology Enabling Flipped Classroom



When I was in the process of note taking for my digital project on cooperative learning, I started thinking about how many of the instructional techniques that we use could borrow ideas from each other. One particular aspect of cooperative learning that I felt could really help with making the idea of a flipped classroom feasible is to focus on the instructor as a facilitator. People often think that a flipped classroom is difficult for the teacher, but I'm sure it's difficult for the students as well. We have a group of people who are likely used to being guided, and now we're roughly telling them to learn from each other. Instructors also have to understand how to divorce themselves from their traditional role and to make the flipped classroom more accessible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment