Wednesday 10 June 2015

Creating Reflective Practitioners!

         Even though I consider myself a reflective practitioner of anything that I do, I had a great deal of trouble with this topic in particular. If anything, it was not something that was created within me due to a positive experience with education as opposed to a negative one. My constant anxiety over poor performance has spurred the most fastidious aspects of my learning attitude (sometimes to my own detriment). Even though my reflective practice was given birth from dubious circumstances, I do believe that it has been an important element in my success, and it should be for anyone who wants to find academic or professional success. 
         The difficulty for me would be to find a way to teach the mentality of reflective practice to students, but without having to imbue it within them via trauma. In the field of childhood education, it may be beneficial for instructors to learn the strengths and weaknesses of every student, and simply to communicate it to them on a regular basis, and maybe encouraging them to overcome them. Regardless, this may not be the most efficient method as young children are likely unable to even understand the methodology behind the self-reflection needed to benefit from the exercise. In the end, the solution may be to represent reflection visibly through an “Interaction, Seeing, and Drawing chart.” Instead of asking young students to look within themselves, it can be liberating for teachers to find an effective way to “show” them. However, I would say that there is a long way to go on this particular field and it is one of the avenues that I look forward to going down in the future as it grows.  




 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfHPV-YBdI

No comments:

Post a Comment